Math Maker Lab: 27 Super Cool Projects (Hardcover)
Likely 2-7 Business Days; Some Exceptions
A fun and engaging STEM activity book for kids that combines creativity and calculations - perfect for budding mathematicians!
This is the perfect math exercise book for children interested in the STEM field. Choose between 27 creative projects and experiments that will turn your child into a math whizz! It's the perfect book for curious minds interested in taking the mystery out of math.
Explore the exciting world of numbers and math problem-solving! In the pages of this math book for kids you’ll discover:
• 27 hands-on creative projects to engage reluctant mathematicians between the ages of 9-12
• Easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions will show you how to make each project
• All materials used can be easily found around your home with no specialist equipment needed
• Every project includes an explanation of how math is involved in creating the project or the results of the experiment
• Real-world math projects show that math isn’t just abstract - it has an impact in the real world too!
Produced in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution, SI Math Maker Lab is designed to appeal to math geeks and those that prefer practical projects. To complete these engaging projects, kids don’t need to be math geniuses or even know how to use a calculator. Each task comes with easy-to-follow instructions, photographs, and illustrations to help whip up super cool mathematics creations!
SI Math Maker Lab features interesting activities that cover many aspects of the subject including measurement, geometry, and trigonometry. Kids will combine art and math by learning to draw impossible objects - creating beautiful patterns to make things like a timetable dreamcatcher or perfect the ratio for making refreshing fruit drinks. Each project has an explanatory box that demonstrates how math is applied to the activity to demystify and make math fun!
About the Author
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in.
From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.